Bicycle Touring 101 has site sponsors who provide special discounts to touring enthusiasts who provide related content to the website. Emails have been received on a regular basis asking what types of content are required. This page attempts to explain how you can qualify for the Bicycle Touring 101 Contributors discounts.
How to qualify?
In order to qualify for the Bicycle Touring 101 Contributors discounts offered by the site sponsors you need to contribute content. The most common form of content provided is an article on a topic related to bicycle touring. Here are some ideas for you to consider:
- A short story about your first bicycle touring experience. Good articles include some "lessons learned", "fun times" and "what would I do differently next time?".
- An article about some aspect of bicycle touring. This could be how you plan, what you take with you, the gear you chose and why all the way through to people you met along the way
- A review of key camping, biking or other gear
- A descriptive article of a place that others should consider touring. Include pointers on gear to take as well as special things to see
Articles should meet the following guidelines whenever possible:
- 750 - 1,500 words in length (consider submitting multiple articles if length is a concern)
- A few supporting pictures
- Content must be your own and NOT copied from other websites, books etc
- Articles may be submitted as Microsoft Word, Plain text or even email text
- Submit your article by sending an email to article at bicycle touring 101 dot com (remove spaces, replace at with @ and change the dot for a period)
- Make sure that you include your email address inside the content itself. This way I can still contact you if something happens to the original email. Your email address will not be published as part of the article
All articles will be reviewed and if accepted for use on the website then a follow-up email thread will follow. You will have the opportunity to review your article prior to publication on the site
Contacting the sponsors
Once the article has been published then you will be placed in contact with the requested sponsor.
Tell A Friend about this page!
Copyright © 2004 - 2011James Noble All rights reserved.